Friday, April 6, 2012

Thursday Tab on Friday- Saalfield #2427 Mary Martin, 1942

To compensate you all for your patience (yesterday was rough- thank goodness Migraine doesn't rear her ugly head very often any more, and this one was fairly minor... still... it was a rough day), here's an extra beautiful paper doll book, shared by a paper doll friend. This is Saalfield's Mary Martin, #2427, published in 1942. The artwork is glorious! I think the white page was scanned from a reprint.

If you look closely, you can see the perforations on the skirt, which make the cover doll much narrower. She has one dress (the yellow and black combo) and one top (the green one with the Mantilla and peplum).










3 comments:

Mathilde said...

Hello there, What fabulous photographs. I am doing a doctoral dissertation on Mary Martin and have been trying to to find a complete copy of this particular book. I hope you don't mind, but I have saved copies of the photos for my own use. I'm trying to compile a list of the different costumes in the different Mary martin paper doll books.
cheers

Katrina

Kathleen Taylor said...

I am happy to help. The actual book does not belong to me- the scans were made by a friend of mine, so I can't answer any further questions about the set. The clothes are really beautiful, aren't they?

Els said...

What a GORgeous set! One of the most beautiful I've seen