Friday, August 17, 2012

Michigan Fiber Festival 2012- Day 3

Today was great- cool and cloudy and comfortable, and no evacuation worries. My students were geniuses and they did a wonderful job of designing their own Fair Isle Hats.
 Am I right, or am I right?
 See?
Told you so!
 Carolyn stopped by to show me her finished Christmas Stocking from yesterday's class.
 Here's my only festival purchase- a handmade polymer clay spindle and a little naturally dyed wool. I love love love the colors and design.
The Elephant Ear booth opened finally today. Fried bread and powdered sugar... oh my...

 The vendors were up and running. They were blurry but amazing...
and more.
 On the way home from the venue, we passed by a hops farm

and this wonderful old stone building,
on our way to Waldorf's in Hastings for an amazingly wonderful mushroom pizza and microbrew.

All in all, it's been a wonderful week. We hit the road early tomorrow- I'll check in tomorrow night if I can.

No comments: