Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Ecola Park

I took a lot of pictures on this trip (man, I love the camera in the iPhone 4)- enough that I can divide them out for several days' worth of posts now that I'm finally working on a computer with some speed (I'm looking for a tablet- the mini is officially retired).

Today, I bring you the drive to Cannon Beach, and our visit to Ecola Park. We went there first, even before we checked in, because the sun was shining and the sky was blue, and that can be a rarity any time of the year in Coastal Oregon.

 It had snowed recently in the Coast Range- the roads were clear and dry though.


Lots of very tall trees, the kind that fall over in a wind storm.

 I always take this picture. I don't know why.


 Ah, the Goonies view. The drive up to Ecola Park is amazing, but there is no place to stop and take pics of craggy trees and hanging moss. Lots of room for photos at the top, however.

Another Goonie view (the subject, not the scenery).
 Looking the other direction. Lots of pretty.
 More pretty.
And even more.
 The wind sculpts the trees.
 I saw a lot of this airy, hairy moss.
 New growth in January. Imagine that.

So beautiful.
Tomorrow: Sand!

No comments: