Monday, February 11, 2013

The morning after

Well, we survived. The power didn't blink though the winds howled a steady 28mph or so for almost 12 hours straight (except when we had gusts up to 35mph and higher). It's going to be hard to measure the snowfall, but Aberdeen (to our north) got 14" and Huron (to our south) got 9", so I'm guessing we're somewhere in the middle with at least a foot. But that foot of snow is highly mobile.

I took some pictures yesterday.






And I took some more today. We're not totally snowed in, in that The Hub was able to coax his pickup out to the highway, but I won't be going anywhere for another day or so. But we're warm and I have plenty to read, and even more that I should be doing.




But the coolest shot of all is this one, of the Windcicles... usually blizzards are too cold for icicle formation, but it was a warm storm (relatively speaking- in the high 20's) so the wind actually formed the icicles as they dripped.
Is that the coolest thing ever, or what?

3 comments:

GardenOfDaisies said...

Oh my goodness, that pictures of the icicles blown sideways is amazing! We had the crazy wind here, but none of the snow to go with it. Thankfully.

Melissa ~ twoknitwit said...

those icicles look dangerous!!
brrrrrr.....
Melissa

Nora said...

To, too cool!!