Saturday, April 19, 2014

What's that thing you do with two sticks and a string?

Knitting... that's right... I used to do a lot of it... and I'm getting back into the habit...


I finished my daughter in law's sister's Birthday Socks (easier just to say Chessa's Socks). She got to choose the yarn from my unending stash.

Just for the fun of it, I made a contrast facing with a picot edge. Easy Peasy: CO an even number of sts- whatever your pattern calls for- in the contrast, K 12 rnds. Next Rnd: *YO, K 2 tog*, rep around, Next Rnd: K. Change colors and knit sock as per usual. Tack the facing down and in loosely (so it stretches).


I bought this yarn at the '09 Sock Summit. I love how the socks came out.


And I finished the Caribbean Bobble hat that I started on the cruise. It's knit from one skein of Malabrigo Rios, on size 8 needles. I'll post the pattern whenever I get around to writing it up.

It fits! (not always a sure thing when I wing it)

I do love the colors. This colorway is called Aguas, chosen for the obvious reason.



And, for some reason, I was moved to cast on a worsted weight sock, using leftover yarns.

I had the ribbing done the evening before, but I finished the rest of the first sock last night. One of the wonderful things about worsted weight socks is that they knit up very quickly.

I divided out all of the yarns evenly, so I should be able to knit a matching mate. Specs: Size 5 needles, 48 sts, 15 rnds ribbing, 6" cuff (total), short row heel on 24 sts, 6" foot (for size 8 1/2), Star Toe (starting with *K6, K 2 tog* rep, and decreasing the number of sts between decreases by one every other row until 12 remain).

I'm remembering how much I love knitting!

No comments: