Saturday, February 6, 2016

The end of Color Our Collections Week

I have had such fun with the coloring pages distributed by those participating in the Color Our Collections worldwide event- over 50 libraries, museums, and universities released coloring pages from their collections: book illuminations, illustrations paintings. I played all week, and in playing, my coloring skills improved. Exponentially. I tried all of the media I had on hand: crayons, markers, and colored pencils (sometimes combining all of them). The books and pages are still online and available for downloading. You can find them here, and here, and if you follow those links, you'll probably find more. The event was so popular that many libraries, including my local branch, have instituted Coloring Nights.

Here are the rest of the pictures I colored this week:


I posted all of the pages to Instagram, and the museum who released this page said they were the most gorgeous intestines they'd ever seen. I will treasure that compliment forever...


I do not know who this giant cow-stealing child is.


This one is my favorite of the whole week. I call him Roygbivoceros





I made a GIF of the progression of this one. I've seen this painting in person, at The Getty. I started with markers, and then used colored pencils to deepen and shade the page.


Here's a still of the end product. Note that hands are not my forte... heh...

I did one more official page, but I'll save that for tomorrow, with an explanation of how I got from printed page to finished dragon.

No comments: